10/28/12

How'd I do? Week 8 Goals Revisited

It's Sunday night and I'm reflecting on my Week Eight Goals. It was "technology week" and I was determined to have no flinching.

Well, I didn't do everything on my list, but I did tackle a good number of them. Enough, I'd say, to declare tech week a success.


  • I upgraded my blog header. (Do you like my new look? I wanted a little more color, and I thought it would be cool to use a Wordle to suggest what the blog is about. And it was fun!)
  • I added a new page to my blog to pull together all the information about my sabbatical (see the Sabbatical Tab.) 
  • I created some "pin friendly" graphics for two blog posts last week. I did it for the kids meditation post, and the sabbatical post. I just wanted to see if I could do it, and see if anybody would pin them. Just experimenting.
  • I transferred my domain "laurelholman.com" to a new domain hosting provider, and am in the process of waiting for that to go through so that I can point it to my blog. 
  • I updated my profile picture and decided to go for consistency, putting it everywhere (the blog header, plus facebook, twitter, pinterest, and instagram
I also hit a few other non-tech things on my list for Week 8. 
  • I picked out a few more holiday gifts, bringing my completion percentage to about 70%. I'm not going to hit my goal of 100% by Halloween, but I'll be close.
  • I started a new bedtime ritual with my kids, listening to a meditation CD, which I'm really loving. 
  • I did some thinking about my Rapid Experiments phase starting in January, and got so excited about the idea of writing a novel in 30 days that I just might do it in November (National Novel Writing Month!). I was inspired by the book "No Plot? No Problem!"which I checked out from the library and read last week. (It was mentioned in The Happiness Project which I read the week before.)

Each of my first 8 weeks has been very different, but on the other hand, I can feel a bit of a rhythm starting to come together across the days of my week. I think that's a good sign that I'm settling into it a bit.

On to Week Nine...


No comments:

Post a Comment