10/31/12

Hello: My first big art/painting project complete!



If you've been following my blog, you've heard me mention my friend Kelly. She's a creative soul and amazing artist, and I am so lucky that she agreed to help me learn how to paint while I'm on sabbatical.

We've been meeting weekly to for an "artist date."


Sometimes we talk more than paint, but little by little we have been making progress on our project, which is finally finished. I'm so thrilled with how it turned out!


Inspired by this post, from the blog Inspired by Charm, we decided to attempt our own version. We generally followed the steps outlined in the tutorial, with a few modifications here and there.

Kelly was an awesome coach, helping me make some key decisions along the way. Most importantly she made one too, alongside me, and we kept each other going to the finish line. I most certainly would have never managed to start this project, and certainly not finish it, without a partner.



Time to hang this project on one of my many blank walls. Yay!

For our next project, we have our sights on a mixed media collage, inspired by Kelly Rae Roberts. Be sure to watch this video, it's AMAZING. Hopefully we'll have something fun to show off in another few weeks.

On to the next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment