10/23/12

Bedtime: Using meditation to ease into sleepy time for kids

A new bedtime ritual that calms and soothes active kids and gets them ready for sleep.


Soothing tracks of guided meditation for kidsEvery so often I come across a product I just love and want to recommend to everybody I meet.  This album, "meditation for kids" by sada, is such a find.

Bedtime can be a tricky time in our house and sometimes we could really use something to help slow everybody down and get them in bedtime mode.

I've had some success with kids meditation recordings in the past, and like The Still Quiet Place quite a lot as well.

But on a particularly riled up evening, I went looking for more bedtime help in the iTunes store, and stumbled across Sada's recordings.

In her mesmerizing voice, she calmly takes her listeners on a flight of fancy through the air on a hot air balloon ride, through the night sky to the fairy "sleepy night garden", and across the sea in a magical boat, to touch on a few.

My 8 year old was captivated, and the tone of our bedtime routine was immediately transformed. (Thank you, Sada!) I'll confess I was so charmed by it that I played another track a few hours later at my own bedtime. What a lovely way to slip into dreamland, child or adult alike!

A few days later, stuck in a doctor's office for 40 minutes with both children climbing the walls, I turned to my iPhone, where I had downloaded them, and played the tracks there too. It was a lifesaver.

Just passing along the recommendation, in case it helps any other parents out there. Enjoy!

Find it on iTunes, or at Amazon.


2 comments:

  1. What a great new look, more modern, more creative. LOVE those earings...words that come to mind are: fresh, light, friendly, youthful. And I'm definitely going to check out the meditation product...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great new look, more modern, more creative. LOVE those earings...words that come to mind are: fresh, light, friendly, youthful. And I'm definitely going to check out the meditation product...

    ReplyDelete