9/21/12

Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn

The last of the late summer begonia at nearby Filoli

This Saturday is the Autumnal Equinox, a time of transition from the summer months of the year to the winter months.

Just for fun, and to bring more attention to the transition of the seasons (especially since it can be hard to notice the seasonal change here in California!), I made a quick list of things I enjoyed during the past season that I am saying a fond goodbye to, and another list of the yummy delights of this new season that I am greeting into our lives.


Goodbye

Goodby flip flops. Goodbye camping. Goodbye peach cobbler and all those yummy summer foods. Goodby iced coffee. Goodbye long days of light past bedtime. Goodbye swimming (without shivering). Goodbye slower mornings where no lunches need to be made. Goodbye warm yummy summer!

Hello

Hello cute boots and cozy sweater tights. Hello crisp air and the crunch of leaves underfoot. Hello fire in the fireplace. Hello hot cocoa. Hello indoor projects (sewing!) Hello cozy nights. Hello pumpkins. Hello holidays. Hello orange, brown, red and yellow. Hello to the cozy season!

I love this simple journaling prompt. It can be super light and fun and themed to the season change, as I've used it here, or you could use this same goodbye/hello list structure to do slightly deeper journaling about what you are trying to say goodbye and hello to in your life.

I think I'm going to get the kids involved and making lists of their own on Saturday as part of our little ritual to mark the Autumnal Equinox.

What are you saying goodbye and hello to in your life right now?

1 comment:

  1. You captured my feelings about summer and autumn perfectly! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete