9/28/12

Friday Inspiration

Image credit: Rubies & Rubble

"If you take good care of yourself, you help everyone. You stop being a source of suffering to the world, and you become a reservoir of joy and freshness. Here and there are people who know how to take good care of themselves, who live joyfully and happily. They are our strongest support. Everything they do, they do for everyone."

~Thich Nhat Hanh, in Teachings on Love



I am grateful I have more time to take care of myself right now.

I am keenly aware that truly taking care of yourself is harder than it sounds.

I am wondering how I can be a better teacher of this to my children, who also need to learn how to take care of themselves.

I am calmed by the sentiments expressed in this quote, which gives me confidence that the time I am investing in myself right now will help those around me, as well as make me a better teacher.



****

For more Friday Inspiration, take a look at this Ted Talk shared on the Raising Happiness blog last week.

It resonated with me for many different reasons, and made me think of so many different people in my life. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

{...and thank you to my dear friend Cristina at Rubies & Rubble for sharing the quote above, and the video, with me.)

Happy Friday!


1 comment: