9/4/12

Day One



Today is the first day I would have been going in to work, but instead I'm not.


I am not going in to work.

(I had to repeat that, it just sounds so crazy... still, yes.)

So what am I doing, you may wonder? Well, I'm taking one step at a time, keeping in mind my Goals for the Fall, and my Week One Goals.

At the end of Day One of Week One, I can already tell a few things:

1) I am going to need a new wardrobe. I don't have nearly enough super-comfortable-but-still-cute clothes to run about in. And not nearly enough workout clothes either, if I expect to work out daily without doing laundry daily. (And avoiding daily laundry is one of my other goals, though I forgot to write it down.)
2) My Week One Goals were crazy ambitious. What was I thinking? They sounded so simple and basic when I wrote them. But wow! I only managed a few of the things on the list today. (I ran out of time work a workout, the stretching routine, the daily meditation, and the journaling.)  
3) Per #2, I am going to need to allow for more time to keep up with these basics properly (who knew taking care of myself could be so time consuming?). But I'm also going to have to allow for loads of wiggle room and forgiveness when I miss my targets. The reason I didn't get to so many things today is because I ended up losing track of time with a new friend who invited me over to talk about her art... and we ended up having a marvelous time bonding over creative endeavors, which is nicely aligned with my Fall Goal of "creativity", so it's all good. In fact, it's great! But there went my workout.

By the way, I made the picture at the top of this blog post with a Sharpie and some watercolors. A good friend noticed my penchant for pencil, and suggested trying a Sharpie instead. It sounded so crazy (what if I make a mistake?) that I had to try it. And look what happened? I embraced the "mistakes" and just went with it. I love how it turned out, and it's the perfect image for today's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment